Shari Handley's Eastern Shore Maryland Genealogy Project

The Lower DelMarVa Family Album
Images of Historic Sites and Sights on the Lower Eastern Shore

Hello guest. Why not register (it is free!) to see even more pictures?

Lower Delmarva Family Album

Historical Images from the Lower Eastern Shore

Home Contact Register Login
**CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE ENTIRE ALBUM** Album list Last uploads Last comments Most viewed Top rated My Favorites Search
Home > LDFA

Fruitland - Strawberry Harvest0 views
Ocean City - Life Saving Crew (Surfmen) in Surf Boat0 views
Ocean City - St. Mary's Star of the Sea Catholic Church22 views
Oriole - Almodington0 viewsAlmodington stands out as one of the most elaborate plantation houses erected in Somerset County during the mid eighteenth century. The original 1000-acre tract of Almodington, known to the Indians as Portoback, was officially surveyed for John Elzey on November 10, 1663 on the north side of the Manokin River. Almodington was probably built by his son, Arnold, or Arnold's son John in the 1720s or 1730s.
Salisbury Armory0 views
Salisbury - Asbury Methodist Episcopal Church0 views
Salisbury - Asbury Methodist Episcopal Church0 viewsThis stone church was built in 1887 on the site of an earlier church destroyed in the fire of 1886. It was named for Francis Asbury, the Father of American Methodism. In 1963, Asbury Methodist Church relocated to a new site near Salisbury University. In 1966, Faith Community Church purchased the building and continued to hold services.
Berlin - Ayes Creek, 19090 views
Crisfield Sea Captain8 viewsAzariah Nelson
Salisbury - Bank of Salisbury $2 Bill0 views
Sharptown - B C & A (Baltimore, Chesapeake, & Atlantic Railway) Pier0 viewsShown is the steamer Tangier at the wharf, waiting to load the watermelons being brought by wagon by farmers.
Tyaskin - Beaudley0 viewson Jesterville Road in Tyaskin. Initially built by George Dashiell Walter around 1795, the story-and-a-half, side hall/double-pile main block extends to the rear with a mid nineteenth century single-story hyphen that joins a slightly taller single story kitchen erected around 1810.
Princess Anne - Beckford Avenue South0 views
Berlin - Man with Ox Cart, 19100 views
Berlin Base Ball Club, 19080 views
Berlin - Fire Company, 1920s2 views
Bivalve Methodist Church0 viewsHistorically known as the Waltersville Methodist Protestant (M.P.) Church, dated to 1886 by a marble cornerstone. The town of Bivalve was once called Waltersville.
Bivalve Harbor0 views
Salisbury - Boat Landing on the Wicomico River0 views
Whitehaven - Bolton0 viewsThe land on which this house is located was originally patented as "Noble Quarter" in 1663, property held under the ownership of Nicholas Rice. The Wicomico River plantation was involved in a resurvey of the land in 1676, known as "Might Have Had More," a name which passed down with the property until the 1850s when the farm was renamed "Bolton." The house is now thought to have been built around 1700, if not before. It was owned down the years by families such as Waters, Willing, Shiles, Gale, Robertson.
Eden - Bounds Lott0 viewsThe exact date of construction is unknown, but likely occurred ca 1710 during the time of the Quaker Richard Stevens or his daughter Sarah who married James Bounds. Richard and Sarah patented Sarah’s portion of her inheritance along the Wicomico River as Bounds Lott in 1735. Their son Jonathan Bounds likely built the new addition. The home remained in the Bounds family until after the American Revolution, and fortunately has been little altered by subsequent owners. This is a pre-renovation pic.
Eden - Bounds Lott0 viewsrestored
Eden - Bounds Lott0 viewsshown in its current, renovated condition
Ocean City - Lifesaving Station, 191533 viewsCaptain Carson and his Surfmen
Tyaskin - CemTrek 19980 viewsThis photo shows the whole group of CemTrekkers, left to right, Paul Willing, Fred Abendschein, Jill Pevear, Ralph Willing, Margaret Robinson, Shari Handley and Nancy Kolasinski.
Deal Island - CemTrek 20010 viewsCemTrekkers in 100° heat in front of the Joshua Thomas Chapel, Deal Island. Front, L to R: Donna Wendt (HI), Shari and Leah Handley, Lindsey VanAssche (all MI), Lucinda Williams (NY), Margaret Robinson (DE). 2nd row, Paul Willing (MD), L. Paul Morris (PA), Jill Pevear (MD), Ida Waters Cheek (PA). 3rd row, Penny White (far left, from Nottingham, England), Linda Fiorini (middle, MD), Donald Cheek (far right, PA). Back, Ralph Willing (CT), Helen Insley and Henry Alsruhe (both VA), Ashley McDonnell (MD)
Whitehaven - CemTrek 19990 viewsThis photo shows the whole group of CemTrekkers (sans Shari Handley, who was taking the photo) with David Scott of the Whitehaven Heritage Association. Shown left to right are: (front row) Beverley Alexander, Leah Handley, Megan Alexander, (second row) Roy Lesher, Jill Pevear, Ralph Willing, (third row) Jack Gracey, David Scott, Paul Willing, Larry Alexander
Shad Point - Cherry Hill2 viewson the Wicomico River near Salisbury, about 1910
Salisbury - Aerial View, Chesapeake Airways0 views
Clara School, about 19000 views
181 files on 7 page(s) 1

HOME Somerset Cemeteries Wicomico Cemeteries Lower DelMarVa Roots Forum
E.S. Resources Libraries E.S. Resources Internet Research Bibliography
Maps Shari's DelMarVa Surname Lines The Mezick Family of Wicomico

© 1996 - Shari Handley