Shari Handley's Eastern Shore Maryland Genealogy Project

The Lower DelMarVa Family Album
Images of Historic Sites and Sights on the Lower Eastern Shore

Hello guest. Why not register (it is free!) to see even more pictures?

Lower Delmarva Family Album

Historical Images from the Lower Eastern Shore

Home Contact Register Login
**CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE ENTIRE ALBUM** Album list Last uploads Last comments Most viewed Top rated My Favorites Search
Home > LDFA

Pocomoke City - Front and Market Streets1 views
Pocomoke City, 19060 views
Pocomoke City - View Along the Pocomoke River0 views
Salisbury - Poplar Hill Mansion0 viewsBuilt by Maj. Levin Handy 1795
Princess Anne Academy, Eastern Branch, Maryland Agricultural College0 viewsWhat was at the time called the Delaware Conference Academy for Negroes was founded in 1886 by the Delaware Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church and it was, at the time, a preparatory school for the private Centenary Biblical Institute in Baltimore, later known as Morgan College. In 1890, it was renamed the Princess Anne Academy and was aligned with the then Maryland Agricultural College. The State of Maryland purchased the Academy in 1935, and in 1936 it became a part of the University of Maryland, bearing the name Maryland State College from 1948 until 1970. In 1970 it was renamed University of Maryland Eastern Shore.
Princess Anne Grange #2800 views
Salisbury - Read's Drug Store, Main and Division Streets0 views
Rehoboth Baptist Church0 viewsLocated southwest of Pocomoke City, shown here about 1923
Chance - Rock Creek Methodist Church Cemetery0 viewsLocated in Chance, north of Deal Island Road (MD 363) by about 1 1/2 city block, apparently the property of Rock Creek United Methodist Church located on the main road
Chance - Rock Creek Methodist Church0 views
Salisbury - Fair Day, around 19104 viewsParade with elephants coming down High Street, with Toulson's Drug Store on the right, owned by Dr. John Milbourn Toulson and his wife, Maude (Ringgold) Toulson
Salisbury - Hammond, Arthur H. - Wood Dealer0 views
Salisbury, around 18600 views
Salisbury - White & Leonard's, 1950s0 views
Salisbury - Lacy Thoroughgood's Clothing Store2 views
Salisbury - Wicomico River Boat Landing0 views
Salisbury - Post Office and County Courthouse0 views
Salisbury - Grier Brothers Machine Works15 views
Salisbury - Lake View Park0 views
Salisbury - Snowy Main Street Scene, 18990 views
Salisbury - Aftermath of the Great Salisbury Fire1 viewsOn October 17, 1886 a small fire was discovered at Toadvine's Livery Stable on Dock Street, now Market Street. Fire spread very rapidly and eventually consumed 200 buildings including most of the commercial district. Soon after the fire began, Salisbury requested assistance from the other towns on the shore. Crisfield, Pocomoke City and Wilmington loaded their fire department steamers on special railroad trains and sent them to Salisbury's aid. The fire was brought under control on October 18, 1886.
Salisbury - South Branch of the Wicomico River, Where the Tide Rises High, 19090 views
Salisbury - South Main Street0 viewscolorized
Salisbury - City Park and Waterworks0 views
Salisbury - Harbor0 views
Salisbury - Drawing of Main Street0 views
Salisbury - New Union Train Station0 views
Ocean City - Seaside Hotel0 viewsThis hotel, located on Wicomico Street at Baltimore Avenue, was built in 1876 and destroyed in a 1925 fire that also consumed the original pier building, the original Atlantic Hotel, and several blocks of the boardwalk.
Salisbury - Scene Near Sharp's Point on the Wicomico River, about 19070 views
Fruitland - Siloam Camp Meeting0 viewsPhoto taken circa 1900 at Siloam Camp Meeting, Wicomico County, Maryland. Methodist camp meetings were very popular gatherings for social, as well as religious purposes.
181 files on 7 page(s) 4

HOME Somerset Cemeteries Wicomico Cemeteries Lower DelMarVa Roots Forum
E.S. Resources Libraries E.S. Resources Internet Research Bibliography
Maps Shari's DelMarVa Surname Lines The Mezick Family of Wicomico

© 1996 - Shari Handley