Last additions |

Salisbury - Scene Near Sharp's Point on the Wicomico River, about 1907Jul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - South Main StreetcolorizedJul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Aftermath of the Great Salisbury FireOn October 17, 1886 a small fire was discovered at Toadvine's Livery Stable on Dock Street, now Market Street. Fire spread very rapidly and eventually consumed 200 buildings including most of the commercial district. Soon after the fire began, Salisbury requested assistance from the other towns on the shore. Crisfield, Pocomoke City and Wilmington loaded their fire department steamers on special railroad trains and sent them to Salisbury's aid. The fire was brought under control on October 18, 1886.Jul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - South Branch of the Wicomico River, Where the Tide Rises High, 1909Jul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Drawing of Main StreetJul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Snowy Main Street Scene, 1899Jul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Grier Brothers Machine WorksJul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Lake View ParkJul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - HarborJul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Post Office and County CourthouseJul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Lacy Thoroughgood's Clothing StoreJul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Fair Day, around 1910Parade with elephants coming down High Street, with Toulson's Drug Store on the right, owned by Dr. John Milbourn Toulson and his wife, Maude (Ringgold) ToulsonJul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Wicomico River Boat LandingJul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury, around 1860Jul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - White & Leonard's, 1950sJul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Hammond, Arthur H. - Wood DealerJul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Read's Drug Store, Main and Division StreetsJul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Peninsula General HospitalJul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Poplar Hill MansionBuilt by Maj. Levin Handy 1795Jul 31, 2023
|
|

Pittsville Central School, Pittsville about 1905Built in 1905. Educated elementary through high school aged children until 1936, when a new school was built.Jul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - City ParkJul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Main StreetJul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Railroad StationJul 31, 2023
|
|

Mardela Springs - Main Street, 1906Jul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Main Street looking westJul 31, 2023
|
|

Mardela SpringsBoy fishing in Barren CreekJul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Main Street looking east from Dock (now Market) StreetJul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Jackson's MillJul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Main and Division Streets - The Wicomico HotelJul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Lemmon Hill (John B. Parsons Home for the Aged)Originally part of Pemberton's Good Will, Lemmon Hill was named for a Dr. Richard Lemmon who lived there until he died in 1857. A huge old white oak tree stood on this land, and the first Old School Baptist sermon ever heard on the Eastern Shore was preached under its boughs. The Baptists made an annual pilgrimage to the tree during their Yearly Meeting until it was destroyed in the great fire of 1886. John D. Parsons, who later owned the home, bequeathed the property for use as a home for the aged.Jul 31, 2023
|
|

Old Somerset Hundredsincluding the areas of present-day Wicomico, Somerset, and Worcester CountiesJul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Wicomico River at the Lemmon Hill areaF.A. Grier & Sons machine shop/Salisbury Foundry, about 1900Jul 31, 2023
|
|

Hebron - Walnut Street about 1900Jul 31, 2023
|
|

Hebron - Hauling Logs in about 1900Jul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Steamer Virginia at Wicomico Harbor, 1907Jul 31, 2023
|
|

Green Hill Methodist Church CemeteryLocated on Senkbeil Road, which jogs off of and back into the northwest side of Whitehaven Road and north side of Green Hill Creek (between Head Of The Creek Rd. and Nebo Rd.) There is no church building in the area, but Jacobs' book identifies it as Green Hill Methodist Church cemetery. This photo was taken during CemTrek 2002. Also has been identified as the Taylor Family Burying Ground.Jul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Division Streetshowing the Masonic Temple and the post office about 1930Jul 31, 2023
|
|

Salisbury - Eastern Shore College of Business and Englishabout 1907Jul 31, 2023
|
|

Green Hill - CemTrek 2002Here they are standing in front of the Green Hill Church 4 Aug 2002. The CemTrekkers, shown left to right, are: Lindsey VanAssche, Shari Handley, Roy Lesher, Leah Handley, Paul Willing, Ralph Willing, Joyce Crouch and Ted Lokey. Another unbelievably hot CemTrek day. Actually, it would be *more* unbelievable if it were cool, I guess. :)Jul 31, 2023
|
|
|