Most viewed - LDFA |

Crisfield Sea Captain35 viewsAzariah Nelson
|
|

Ocean City - Lifesaving Station, 191533 viewsCaptain Carson and his Surfmen
|
|

Salisbury - Wicomico River at the Lemmon Hill area31 viewsF.A. Grier & Sons machine shop/Salisbury Foundry, about 1900
|
|

Whitehaven Hotel today31 views
|
|

Whitehaven Hotel about 198529 viewsafter the days of its glory which ended with the close of World War I
|
|

Wenona - Deal Island Waterman, 194028 viewsEdward T. "Eddie" Corbett
|
|

Berlin - Trappe Mill27 viewsTrappe Mill stood on the western bank of Trappe Creek SE of Berlin town, south of the intersection of Assateague Road (376) and Harrison Road.
|
|

Wetipquin - Mezick's Meeting House / Wetipquin Chapel26 viewsWetipquin Methodist Church, known for most of its history as Mezick's Meeting House or Mezick's Church. Built on land donated by Covington Mezick and his wife, Leah, in 1826.
|
|

Wetipquin Creek26 views
|
|

Whitehaven Hotel, about 196026 views
|
|

Whitehaven - View of the Wicomico River 26 viewsfrom inside the Whitehaven Hotel
|
|

Whitehaven - CemTrek 199926 viewsThis photo shows the whole group of CemTrekkers (sans Shari Handley, who was taking the photo) with David Scott of the Whitehaven Heritage Association. Shown left to right are: (front row) Beverley Alexander, Leah Handley, Megan Alexander, (second row) Roy Lesher, Jill Pevear, Ralph Willing, (third row) Jack Gracey, David Scott, Paul Willing, Larry Alexander
|
|

Berlin - Ayes Creek, 190926 views
|
|

Whitehaven Hotel26 viewsBuilt around 1810, the hotel is shown here (colorized) around 1900, during its heyday.
|
|

Wicomico River Oyster Tongers, 194126 views
|
|

Whitehaven - Steamer on the Wicomico River25 views
|
|

Whitehaven - Bolton25 viewsThe land on which this house is located was originally patented as "Noble Quarter" in 1663, property held under the ownership of Nicholas Rice. The Wicomico River plantation was involved in a resurvey of the land in 1676, known as "Might Have Had More," a name which passed down with the property until the 1850s when the farm was renamed "Bolton." The house is now thought to have been built around 1700, if not before. It was owned down the years by families such as Waters, Willing, Shiles, Gale, Robertson.
|
|

Berlin - Genesar25 viewsLocated on Sinepuxent Neck west of Berlin, Genesar was built in about 1732 by Maj. John Purnell. This picture is from the HABS survey and is from about 1970. Its condition has only further deteriorated since then and today, it is little more than a ruin.
|
|

Deal Island - African-American Farmhouse, 194025 views... the home of one of Roger Spence's married sons
|
|

Wetipquin - Mezick's Meeting House24 views
|
|

Berlin - Genesar Historical Marker24 views
|
|

Whitehaven Hotel24 viewsShown in its current, restored state
|
|

Berlin - Fire Company, 1920s23 views
|
|

Wetipquin - Long Hill23 viewsThe ancestral home of the Dashiell family, lying on the north bank of the Wetipquin Creek in Wicomico County, is shown in this photo in its current, happily restored, condition.
|
|

Whitehaven Hotel about 199323 viewsThe hotel is shown in ruinous condition before restoration began.
|
|

Whitehaven Ferry23 viewsThe view is from the Somerset side of the Wicomico River, looking towards Whitehaven on the Wicomico side.
|
|

Berlin - Man with Ox Cart, 191023 views
|
|

Crisfield - Repairing Oyster Boats23 views
|
|

Wetipquin - Mezick's Meeting House22 views
|
|

Whitehaven Hotel during restoration22 views
|
|

Ocean City - St. Mary's Star of the Sea Catholic Church22 views
|
|

Wetipquin - Mezick's Church or Meeting House, aka Wetipquin Chapel20 viewsBuilt between 1825 and 1827
|
|

Salisbury - Grier Brothers Machine Works15 views
|
|

Salisbury - Wicomico Sheriff W.W. Larmore6 views
|
|

Salisbury - Wicomico Sheriff and men, 19225 viewsSheriff John N. Farlaw and his men, with a confiscated still in Salisbury
|
|

Salisbury - Lemmon Hill (John B. Parsons Home for the Aged)4 viewsOriginally part of Pemberton's Good Will, Lemmon Hill was named for a Dr. Richard Lemmon who lived there until he died in 1857. A huge old white oak tree stood on this land, and the first Old School Baptist sermon ever heard on the Eastern Shore was preached under its boughs. The Baptists made an annual pilgrimage to the tree during their Yearly Meeting until it was destroyed in the great fire of 1886. John D. Parsons, who later owned the home, bequeathed the property for use as a home for the aged.
|
|

Salisbury - Fair Day, around 19104 viewsParade with elephants coming down High Street, with Toulson's Drug Store on the right, owned by Dr. John Milbourn Toulson and his wife, Maude (Ringgold) Toulson
|
|

Smith Island - Tylerton Mail Boat4 views
|
|

Hebron - St. Paul's Methodist Church, about 19403 views
|
|

Ocean City - Plimhimmon Hotel,Ocean City, 19223 views
|
|

Salisbury - Lacy Thoroughgood's Clothing Store2 views
|
|

Crisfield - Makepeace2 viewsAs the oldest home in Crisfield, Makepeace is an enduring example of mid-18th century vernacular architecture on the Eastern Shore. The house was likely built by Jacob Cullen shortly after 1740 on a patent called Cullen’s Lott near Johnson’s Creek.
|
|
|